Made with dried ingredients and quick-cooking orzo, this quick but nutritious dinner is ideal for fast and light campers
• 20g dried mushrooms
• 1 tsp oil
• 300g orzo pasta
• 1 onion, diced
• 1 tsp thyme
• 1 tsp garlic powder
• 1 veg stock cube
• 25g Parmesan cheese
• Salt and pepper
1. Soak the mushrooms in water until soft (30 minutes). Strain and reserve liquid
2. Heat the oil in the pan and add the onion. Cook until soft.
3. Add the mushrooms and cook for a few more minutes then stir in the pasta.
4. Add the retained soaking liquid, stock cube, herbs and a mugful of water.
5. Simmer and stir frequently, adding more water if necessary.
6. Once the pasta is cooked sprinkle on the Parmesan and season to taste.