Fancy a taste of the Alps while you’re sat around the campfire? This Beer Cheese Fondue is quick, delicious and about as decadent as camping meals get!
• 200g Cheddar cheese, grated
• 200g Gruyère cheese, grated
• 1 tbsp cornflour
• Half a can of beer
• 1 clove garlic
• 1 French baguette, cut into chunks
• Carrot sticks
• Celery sticks
• Cherry tomatoes
1. Rub garlic over the inside of your pan, then add the beer and bring to a boil.
2. Reduce the beer to simmer. In a bowl, combine the cheese and cornflour.
3. Add a handful of cheese into the beer, stirring until melted.
4. Repeat until you have a thick fondue.
5. Keep the fondue over a very low heat, dip in bread and veg.
Taken from our Outdoor Cooking issue