Get things going on your next camping trip with this blood-warming tequila-based concoction
This recipe comes from Amandeep Dhudwar, who won the previous round of our campsite cocktail competition (enter the next round here), netting himself an ace cocktail kit from Stanley in the process!
Amandeep is a chartered accountant from Rochester in Kent, and likes to experiment with flavours while indulging in the occasional cigar. He’s a particular fan of the ‘sweet and heat’ combo, which inspired this devilish delight.
How to make the ‘fiery chilli heatwave’ campsite cocktail (serves 2):
- Good quality tequila (Amandeep recommends Don Julio brand)
- Ginger ale
- Fresh coriander
- 1 chilli
- 1 lemon
- Crushed ice (facilities allowing – you’ll need a good cooler!)
- Squeeze the juice from half a lemon and add it to a glass, ideally with a generous amount of ice
- Remove the seeds from your chilli, and tip them into to the glass (beware, more seeds = more kick!)
- Cut a handful of coriander leaves into smaller bits and sprinkle them into the glass
- Stir the contents gently to mix everything up
- Measure a (generous) shot of tequila and pour it in, then top the glass up with ginger ale (you can add some brown sugar for additional sweetness and/or fresh ginger for extra heat)
Got a favourite campsite cocktail recipe up your sleeve? Share it with us and you might win an awesome Stanley cocktail making kit! Enter here.