Ever been faced with another night of campsite cooking and had a sudden urge to give Dominos a ring? We hear you. How about making a stove-top pizza instead?
A pack of tortillas and some creative toppings can make a very quick (and very tasty) alternative to the usual camp fare – ideal whether you’re camping with the brood or trekking with mates. We made a UK inspired Stilton and Wiltshire ham pizza, but you can literally pile anything on. Forget the oven, you just need a portable stove and a frying pan.
Knife, small chopping board
Prep time 10 minutes
You can swap the ham for mushrooms to keep this
Fuel efficiency: 3/5
You will need:
Pack of tortillas
(1-2 per person)
1 pack of passata or jar of pizza topping
1 small red onion, diced 1 pack of Stilton cheese
1 handful of rosemary (fresh is best but dried
8 slices of Wiltshire ham or a handful of mushrooms, sliced.
How to do it:
- Put one tortilla in the base of the frying pan and spread 2-3 tbsps of passata round the tortilla, leaving about 1cm round the edge clear.
- Tear up a slice of ham or slice the mushrooms, then space them round the tortilla.
- Crumble 1/8th of the Stilton over the base. Sprinkle with some diced onions and rosemary.
- Put the pan on the stove/campfire on a low heat and cook until the cheese is melted and the base of the tortilla is nice and crispy (should take around five minutes).
- Repeat until all campers are suitably stuffed!
No need to call Domino's - through this stove-top pizza together in minutes