These walking tacos are quick to make and even quicker to wash up, making them a great choice for weekend camping trips
• 10ml vegetable oil
• 1 onion, diced
• 500g mince meat (or a can of lentils, for veggies)
• 1 can kidney beans
• 1 can tomatoes
• 1 packet taco spice mix
• 100ml water
• 4 x small bags plain tortilla chips
• Grated Cheddar cheese
• Shredded lettuce leaves
• Fresh tomatoes
• Sour cream (optional)
• Salsa (optional)
1. Add the oil to your pan and gently fry the onions until they are soft. Add the mince and stir until brown.
2. Add the spice blend, kidney beans and water. Simmer and stir for 12 minutes.
3. Divide the mixture between the bags of tortillas, top with cheese, lettuce and tomatoes.
Taken from our Outdoor Cooking issue