It’s the long-awaited part two of our wild camping libations! Here’s how to create your very own happy hour (or two) out in the wilderness…
Everything a campsite mixologist needs | Tracey Radnall
Snake in the Grass
This cool refreshing one slithers down swiftly.
- Rose’s lime juice to taste
- a squeeze of lemon juice
- slug of vodka
- crème de menthe to taste
- lemon or lime wedge
- sprigs of fresh mint
- Shake well
- Garnish with the lemon or lime wedge
- Sprig of mint
Dark arts in the forest with dark rum, Creme de Cacao, Kahlúa and captivating coconut.
- a generous slug of dark rum
- a dash of Kahlúa liqueur
- a teaspoon of Creme de Cacao
- a slug of coconut cream
- dash of milk or cream.
- Shake the liqueurs all together in a Klean Kanteen flask or similar before adding the coconut and milk or cream.
- Serve in your favourite hurricane flask.
Dune Buggy Daiquiri
A popular coastal boneshaker.
- a squeeze of fresh lime juice (about 1 lime)
- 1 tsp sugar
- Shake in your favourite flask.
Roving Chambord Royale
My unashamed favourite liqueur!
- 10ml of Chambord liqueur… oops my hand slipped!
- any fizz (water or sparkling wine) that takes your fancy
- A fresh raspberry or two
- Pour Chambord into a flute glass.
- Top with whatever fizz your tongue desires.
- Then plop – finish with the all-important raspberry.
Coastal Champagne Cocktail
A camp classic!
- brandy or cognac
- cava or prosecco
- sugar lump
- maraschino cherries
- Drop a sugar lump into the bottom of a glass or mug.
- Pour over the brandy
- Add the sparkling wine and garnish with a cherry (or two)
Warming spiced rum and orange. Perfect for chilly evenings by the campfire!
- a generous slug of spiced rum
- an orange
- a dash of orange curaçao,
- 1 tsp sour mix (lemon and sugar)
Blend together and serve in a tin mug with a squeeze of fresh orange. Winner!
Head for the heights with this
- Tear some fresh mint up and put into the bottom of your flask.
- Add the tequila and fruit and shake well.
- Add the lemonade and wash down with some corn chips and tomato salsa.
Happy sipping my little cornichons!!
For more recipes and cocktail-making tips see Part 1 of our Camp Cocktails.