Spicy chorizo adds plenty of flavour for a quick, simple and nourishing stew, ideal for long nights by the campfire
• 1 red onion, diced
• 1 pepper, chopped
• 1 chorizo ring, sliced
• 250g pre-cooked lentils (can or packet)
• 1 can tomatoes
• 1 tsp smoked paprika
• 1 tsp cumin seed
• 1 tsp garlic
• 1 tsp thyme
• Bread to serve (and mop up the juice!)
1. Gently fry the chorizo until it releases its oil, then add the onions and cook until soft.
2. Add the spices and pepper, stir and fry for about two minutes.
3. Pour in the tomatoes and lentils, simmer for about 10 minutes and then serve with bread (fresh and crusty is best – if you can get it).
Taken from our Outdoor Cooking issue